A friend (who I think wants to remain anonymous) passed this along to me.
If you are looking for that special cookie recipe to share during the holidays, this is the one I make on Christmas Eve so I can deal with the "family" on this joyous occasion.
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups of dried fruit, such as dried cranberries or raisins
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila (silver or gold, as desired)
1. Sample the Cuervo to check quality.Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
2. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
3. At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup just in case.Turn off the mixerer thingy.
4. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit up off floor.Giggle.
5. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Giggle again.
6. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity. Giggle some more.
7. Next, sift two cups of salt, or something, whatever. Check the Jose Cuervo.Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
8. Add one table full of that one stuff. Add a spoon of shuga, or somefink. Whatever you can find. It all looks the same.Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.Pick yourself up off the floor. Try not to giggle, it makes the floor fall out from underneath you.
9. Don't forget to beat off the turner.Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.
**** CHERRY MISTMAS ****
1 day ago