#13 Chocolate Toffee Bars by Baker's
1 c butter, softened
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 c flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 c light corn syrup
1/4 c heavy cream
1 t vanilla
1 pkg 8 squares semi-sweet chocolate, ch
1 c chopped pecans, toasted
1. Heat oven to 350. Line 13x9" baking pan with foil; lightly grease foil.
2. Beat 3/4 c of brown sugar and 3/4 c butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolk; beat well. Beat in flour and salt until well mixed.
4. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan- spray back of plastic spoon to spread without sticking.
5. Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
6. Meanwhile: mix remaining butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, cream, and vanilla in large microwavable bowl until well blended. Microwave on high 4 minutes, stirring halfway through heating time. Spread evenly over crust in pan.
7. Bake 18-20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle top with chopped chocolate. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until melted. Smooth surface evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely on wire rack.
8. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars or diamond shapes to serve. Store tightly in covered container. Makes 3 dz bars.
Swim, curls and such
2 days ago