Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas version of getting to know you...

I keep getting these from different friends. Some of the questions are the same, some are different so I have combined them and my OCD personality made me organize them so the tree questions are together and the gift questions are together...somebody stop me! So...here it is:

1. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving while watching the Aggies beat t.u. WHOOP!
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial for now
3. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's mostly maroon and gold with Aggie ornaments of course but each year brings more Hallmark ornaments-we need another tree- or at least space for another tree
4. What is on top of your tree? An angel in a maroon dress
5. Colored or white lights? White but I do miss the blinking colored lights from my childhood
6. Do you hang mistletoe? always forget
7. When do you take your tree down? after January 6 (Epiphany)
8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
9. When do you start shopping for Christmas? whenever I see that perfect gift.
10. Hardest person to buy for? my parents and his parents
11. Easiest person to buy for? kids
12. Worst gift you ever received? I don't remember
13. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper
14. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Wraps them all in Santa paper
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only at Chinese Gift Exchange
16. Open Christmas presents Christmas eve or Morning? Morning
17. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, we did as kids, after midnight mass
18. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'd have to think for awhile
19. Which do you like best giving or receiving? Giving
20. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? mail!
21. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Usually travel but can’t this year- too close to due date
22. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? ABSOLUTELY!
23. Most annoying thing about this time of year? School doesn’t get out until Dec. 21
24. What you love most about Christmas? Faith, Family, Friends, decorations, music
25. Favorite Christmas tradition? Going to my mom's family's get together
26. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? EGG NOG!! have some in my fridge and Stephen doesn't like it so it's mine all mine!
27. What is your favorite holiday dish? I think I like it all the same...
28. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pecan Pie and all the candy (fudge, truffles, etc..) that my Aunt Joanie makes (I make a lot now too)
29. Do you like candy canes? yes
30. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going to Mommiegrans on Christmas Eve every year...going to midnight mass with all the aunts, uncles, cousins, and extended family. Hearing Santa's sleigh bells as we left mass, and all the fun with the cousins the next day! One year Uncle Chris put all the kids to bed and showed us Rudloph's nose (water tower light)
31. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Huh? What do you mean?
32. Snow: Love it or hate it? Love it – never get it
33. Can you ice skate? Yes but it's been years!
34. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and creating new memories with my children which includes teaching them about The True Gift God gave to us
35. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh my gosh, I like them all. I'm making a list this year of all my favorite artists for each song in case I get an iPOD. I do get choked up when I hear, "Let There Be Peace On Earth" and "Angels We Have Heard On High"
36. What is your favorite holiday movie? The original Miracle on 34th Street

So there you have it. That's what I love about Christmas!

No comments: