Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We didn't read the fine print

because there wasn't any! I am so disappointed at Ben & Jerry's y'all! We never take the kids out for ice cream because up until last Friday, we were trying to get all our credit cards payed off. Last night we told the kids that we were going to have special ice cream after dinner. I had to feed Abby until 7:30 and we loaded them all up and headed out. When we got there, we had to drive around for quite some time to find a parking space. Then it takes an extra minute or two to get all the kids out, Caleb in the stroller and Abby in the Moby. We walked up to the door at close to 8:00 and three employees greeted us...it wasn't really a greeting, "We cut the line off 20 minutes ago." My husband and I were puzzled, there were no times posted on the internet, "but here is a 10% off coupon." Uh, gee, thanks Mr. Ice Cream Guy! We walked over to let the kids see the beautiful fountain that shoots at least 50 feet into the air, my kids have never seen these things in Aggieland before. Stephen was really upset. I told him maybe he should go let them know that the internet did not have any times posted. By now it was 8:02. The lady he talked to told him that they stopped the free cones at 8:00 and it was posted on their window. Well, that didn't help, it made me a little more mad because it wasn't 8:00 when we got there. I know it was a promotion and I shouldn't be too upset because it was a FREE deal but it seems a little sneaky to me.

Since we promised the kids ice cream, I asked Stephen if he wanted to go ahead and get some and he said not there. We drove over to Cold Stone...the kids got some ice cream and they got to stay up late!

1 comment:

Kathy's Korner said...

That would make me very frustrated! Seriously...all those rules and grumpiness takes the fun right out of it. And leaves a "bad taste" in the mouths of potential customers really. Do you feel like going back there now? Heck I feel like advoiding them!