Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun

Friday, February 15, 2008

Where have I been, you ask?

Oh my goodness, this has been the busiest week I can remember since planning our wedding as we moved to Aggieland and started new jobs while looking for a house.

Sunday night we made it out for dinner with our church supper club at a new Japanese Hibachi grill. It was a wonderful evening and as usual Stephen and I left wanting more fellowship with the other couples. There's never enough time to talk to everyone.
Monday is a blur but I do remember going to baptism classes with kids in tow from 7:30 until 9 (bedtime). We were crammed into a tiny classroom and I just knew that Caleb wouldn't last long but he was amazingly quiet- it's hard to talk while eating 5 bags of fruit bites.
Tuesday we ran errands and that night Stephen had a show at a school in the neighboring town (a whole 10 minutes away). I somehow managed to make dinner and get it on the table for the kids to eat!
Wednesday morning. Oh, Wednesday morning! A day that will not be forgotten. As I was feeding Abby at 7:10, Stephen got home and told me that we had forgotten about the carpet cleaner coming at 7:50! Oh my goodness. Within 45 minutes, the entire living room was in the kitchen (see pictures), most of our bedroom items were in our bathroom and the kids were woken up so Stephen could get their floors cleared out as well. The kids had a ball eating so close to the TV and I sat on the couches in the kitchen to finish feeding Abby. After breakfast, we got dressed and ran to about 8 places like the bank, the party store, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, etc.. and looked for party supplies for Caleb's birthday as well as Abby's baptism. We have been trying to have the events together up in the Fort Worth area where our friends and family live. Getting ahold of the church was an ordeal and getting them to return my emails was even harder for some reason. I really don't like the feeling I got so I called my old home church and was surprised to find that a great friend is now in charge of baptisms there so I really felt like having Abby's baptism there is the right thing to do. This is the church where I received my first pennance and communion and where I was confirmed. I attended school there and was not only active as a youth, but also as an adult. The only catch is there will be no baptisms during Lent. Maybe that's a blessing. I don't have time to get invitations completed and mailed while getting the house ready to stick a sign in the yard. After we put Caleb down for a nap, Stephen painted some more and I tried to catch up on housework, is that ever possible? We worked our fingers to the bone right up to bedtime.
Bet your kitchen has never looked like this!

Wow, who knew that behind all those toys, a baby swing, a pack and play, and some furniture was a nice, big living room?

Thursday (yesterday) I had to return to work. Luckily, I had a meeting all morning and got to take Abby with me. Last night I managed to throw together some dinner and we worked on the house a little more. We want to get the for sale sign in the yard no later than next Saturday.

Last night I fed Abby for bed as I always do but this time she didn't fall asleep. I sure did! She kept losing her pacifier and fussing so for 2 hours, yes, 2 HOURS, I kept dozing off and waking to give her that darn paci. Then, she woke up at 3:45 and we played the paci game again until 4:45. I fed her until 5:45 and set my clock for 6:45. That's when I started marking things off my morning routine list like make-up. I don't care what people think if I look like....well, you know.

That didn't work, Abby wasn't happy so I thought I'd just feed her some more from 5:15 until 6:20 and I set my alarm for 7:20. Yes, I am supposed to be at work at 7:30 but I know the first teacher understands if I'm a little late picking up her kids. Love ya Erin! I did get Abby to sleep on my chest and Stephen walked in at 7:10 so I got up and started my day. I have a list of about 15 things to get done here at work and feel like they all need to be done today. Why then am I blogging? Withdrawls.....stress relief too.

Tonight I suppose we will pack up more of the house and make it more presentable to potential buyers. We are expecting threatening weather tomorrow, I've never heard the local meteorologist warn us so much, this is the same kind of system that hit Tennessee last week so please pray for us down here in Aggieland!

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday is the Daytona baby! The start of NASCAR season, the Super Bowl of NASCAR! I am pumped, can't wait- go Tony!


Renee's Reading Corner said...

Wow! You did have a busy week!! Thanks for stopping by. I work nights on the weekend from home so I get a lot of reading done then. Yes, there is hope - you will get to have some Mom time reading when your kids get a little older. You know, I miss my kids baby years and I kinda miss Thomas the Tank engine (but not 100 times in a row-LOL!. Have a great weekend!

SimmonsFamily said...

I am laughing at the furniture in the kitchen!! When are you guys putting your house on the market? We are too, somewhere around April 1st. Do you know where you're moving?

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

I didn't know y'all decided to move. I know you were thinking about it. Where to exactly? Email me if you have time.