Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Thursday, February 21, 2008

My name is Stephanie and I'm a Shlumpadinka

Did you watch Oprah yesterday? Well, I was so happy to find out I am not the only Shlumpadinka out there. Yes, I love my jammies and any clothes that feel like jammies and I miss my old college days where I could get away with running to Target in my jammies! I still live in my college town....over 47,000 shlumpin college students around me here, but I am a teacher now so I hesitate to shlump in public. Besides, my shlumpin butt is getting bigger. No really! I was so proud to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight by the time Abby was 4 weeks old but her doc said she isn't getting enough calories from my milk and he all but told me to switch to formula. So I opted to just eat more. And more. AND MORE. I eat more eggs, chicken, steak, cheese, yogurt, and I drink more milk and a beer once in awhile. Yes, I said beer. A darling friend whose religious beliefs do not allow drinking told me that beer will help increase the calories in my milk. It helped her daughter. So... every couple of days, I'll indulge in a frosty adult beverage. So all that extra eating had better be helping Abby because I have gained 10 pounds back. 10 pounds! And I have a thyroid problem and weight loss has always been next to impossible for me. Thank God Stephen loves me the way I am and I don't have to worry about the extra weight. There is a point here...all this extra weight means my regular clothes are too small and my maternity clothes are toooo big so the few clothes I fit in are some shlumplin clothes. Are you a Shlumpadinka?

My name is Stephanie and I'm a Shlumpadinka

2 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Didn't see the show, but I would guess I'm NOT a shlumpladinka. I'm mortified at the thought of going out like that. I can't even clean house until I'm clean and put together and all. I know. I'm not normal. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,

I am a TOTAL shlumpladinka. Probably the queen. I used to dress so nice when I worked. I don't think I've worn anything but sweats in 3 years, and I don't even know where my make-up is. It is a habit I need to change!

Denise