Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial for now

3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? After the visit of the three wise men (January 6)

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Baby Alive from my grandfather

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad

8. Easiest person to buy for? My children

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't remember

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The original Miracle on 34th Street

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? a few months before

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade Candy

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, lots

17. Favorite Christmas song? I can't pick just one, I LOVE Christmas music

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home this year for the first time.

19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Yep

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A bow this year...long story

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Not having enough time to get it all done

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year we have our own tree downstairs and it is red and green

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, & lots of pies and candy.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Haven't thought about it much

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Everyone

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? who thought of this question anyway?

I am adding my own questions (SA)

28. Favorite coffee/creamer flavor? Pumpkin spice

29. Favorite pie? Bourbon Pecan Pie

30. Do you attend Christmas services/mass? Yes

31. Favorite Christmas candle scent? Apple cinnamon but it gives me migraines so we have candy cane right now.

32. What do you do on Christmas Eve? Last year we tracked Santa on the internet, made Santa's cookies and reindeer food. Then my mom read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas right before we put the kids to bed. A memory I will always treasure now that she is gone.
33. Do you have an Advent Wreath in your home? Yes

34. Have you already sent your Christmas cards? Yes-amazingly

35. Do you hang lights on your home? Yes

36. Favorite school memories: All the fun arts and crafts, especially those with glitter and sequins

37. Favorite memory: When I was a little girl we always spent Christmas Eve at my grandmother's. We went to midnight mass, opened one gift, and went to bed in anticipation of Santa. I remember hearing sleigh bells after mass and one year as Uncle Chris was tucking my cousins and I into bed, he showed us Rudolph's nose (the light on top of the water tower). I hope to make Christmas memorable for my kids like they were for me!

No comments: