Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Friday, December 5, 2008

All Aboard!



This is where we'll be tonight! I am so excited. Besides being a much-needed get away for us all, I have loved the story of The Polar Express since long before the movie came out. I am a teacher and on the last day of school before Christmas Vacation, my class always wore our jammies and I would play the tape while I showed the students this book. It came with a bell which I would hide in my pocket and ring at the end. It is just a magical story and I have to admit that for some reason, there would always be a tear in my eye at the end.

When the movie came out, we bought it right away and it quickly became Lauren's favorite. That's all she wanted to watch. For months! Last year Caleb was old enough to catch the Polar Express fever and we've purposely kept it hidden until tonight. We have not even told them we are going. Kids are encouraged to wear their pajamas but Stephen and I are wearing ours too. So are my aunt and uncle, they are meeting us there. That adds to the excitement. We are very close to Aunt Joanie and Uncle Paul and the kids have a wonderful time with them. They were the first ones to take our kids in a car. We never worry when the kids are with them. We only wish they lived closer!

After the PE ride, we are going back to their house for the weekend. They have an indoor pool which the kids will love. Stephen and I even get to have some private time to go out and celebrate our 5th anniversary tomorrow night. I just can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this looks like SO much fun! You guys are going to have a great time. :-)