Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Queen's visit to Aggieland

Mandy at Queen of My Castle came for a short visit. She brought Aidan who is 5 months older than Lauren. We made the usual shopping run, lunch at Freebird's, and ended the evening with a trip to the pool. The first night it was just Mandy, me, Lauren, and Aidan. These pictures are from the second night when Stephen, Abby, and Caleb joined us. The kids started out in the kiddie pool.
They quickly moved to the big pool. Lauren (who has never taken a swimming lesson) decided to swim without any floats or swimmies. The pool was 3 feet deep and the water came up to her mouth but I just kept telling her to put her feet down on the ground and close her mouth. (whoever introduced me to that Dry Drowning video scarred me for life!) She was a natural!

Monkey See, Monkey Do, Caleb thought he could wallk right in like the big kids, SANS FLOATIES!





As Lauren made her way away from her daddy, you could tell he was worried about her newly discovered swimming abilities.



Swimming like a fish (I mean with a fish).



You can't go swimming without wanting to jump off the side of the pool.

If only Caleb were a little taller.


Weee..all this fun was making Daddy awfully tired! Have you noticed yet that Mandy and I were not in the pool? We were on the side being cheerleader..."Caleb's going under...Caleb's gonna jump...look behind you." Thanks Stephen for being a good sport honey!



We were there pretty close to 9:00. Caleb would still be jumping right now if we would have let him.


A sad good-bye.




Of all the times I see Mandy each year, I have very few pictures so I insisted on a quick one before she left. Thanks for coming Queen, I always enjoy our special girl time.

6 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

I know they say to "enjoy them while they're young" and "time flies" but okay, seriously, I cannot WAIT till my kids are like 6 and 8 or 7 and 9 and I can just take them to the pool and sit and sunbathe while they do their thing. Oh my stars, Ashton is HIGH MAINTENANCE at the pool these days! It's not even enjoyable to me this summer!

Sherri said...

I'm glad you had a good visit!

Renee said...

Glad you all had a great time!

Queen of My Castle said...

Thanks for having us! I posted my picture on my blog too. I am not as fast as you!

Queen of My Castle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameshia said...

Stephanie, Looks like you guys were having tons of fun. What pool did you guys go too? It looks inviting.