Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Memory of a 3 Year Old & Happy Birthday Stephen

Last night when I was putting Lauren to bed, I reminded her that when she woke up it would be her daddy's birthday. She replied, "We have to sing the birthday song." I told her that when the sun came up she could sing to her daddy.

Well, I wasn't home when she woke up but Stephen called me to tell me that when Lauren woke up she was screaming from her bed. Now, we try really hard to teach her not to scream from her bed and somehow she always forgets that simple request but she didn't forget what we talked about at bedtime. Stephen had raced to her room thinking something was wrong because most mornings Lauren gets herself out of bed. When he got to her room, she said, "It's your birthday!" I wish I could have seen his face because I'm sure it lit up like....a Christmas tree.

Happy Birthday Honey! I love you!

No comments: