Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Potty Training Girls

Abby turned 2 on December 20. I would love to have her potty trained before the next baby comes....oh yes, I am 19 weeks pregnant. My doctor has encouraged me not to announce it until after the holidays since I had 3 miscarriages in less than a year. It is after the holidays so I guess it's time to anounce it.

Anyway, Abby has been showing a great interest in the potty chair lately so during the Christmas Break, I put her on it a few times while changing her diaper. This morning (while home with her daddy) she went downstairs without her diaper. Stephen found it and it was a dirty one. He traced her steps and found that she had sat on the potty chair. Yep, I'd say she's ready to potty train. I'm just not sure that I'm ready!

And speaking of Abby. We put her toddler bed in her room about a week ago and she has had a good ol' time opening and closing her bedroom door. She has come up with all the old excuses: need a hug, need water, water is empty, etc.... Yesterday I put a doorknob cover on the doorknob during her naptime. When I went upstairs for my nap, I noticed she had gotten the cover off (first day) and tossed it into the hall!

Last night we put it on again. We heard her open her door and close it. Stephen went upstairs ready to duct tape that sucker and sure enough, the doorknob cover was in the hall. But she never opened the door again. It was as if she was showing us that nothing was going to stop her!

No comments: