Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What kids say and do

Abby just turned 2 on December 20 but you would think she is closer to 3. She speaks in 7 word sentences most of the time and has amazing ideas for such a little thing. Last night at bedtime, she decided to stall by putting her 12 dolls, one by one, into the doll pack and play. When she was finished, she said, "There's one missing." Are you kidding me? So I asked her where it was and she said in the playroom. Sure enough, there was one more doll in the playroom. She told her dolls, "Mommy and Daddy love you" and crawled into her bed.

I covered her with the requested duckie blanket but then she asked for the, "warm one". After some thought I realized she wanted the extra blanket that we've been putting on her these passed few nights that have been dipping into the teens. I had been telling her it would keep her warm.

After a few minutes she started crying for her water. I asked Lauren to go tell her it was next to her pillow but it didn't make Abby happy so I went in myself. Abby was saying she couldn't find it but as soon as I turned on the lights she was a happy camper and never cried again.

This morning all 3 kids woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Caleb kept begging to go to "Books and Marbles" (Barnes and Noble) to play with the train table. Abby woke up demanding eggs. She is usually happy with cereal, toast, fruit, or a waffle but she was not going to be satisfied until someone made her eggs. This is one morning when I was happy I got to leave for work and let Stephen deal with Abby and Caleb while I brought the older Grump with me.

No comments: