Do you know what this is?
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) will be signed into law if Congress passes it on January 21-22, 2009.
If signed into law, ALL limitations on abortion will be lifted, resulting in the following:
1) All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals, will be required to perform abortions upon request. If this happens, Bishops vow to close down all Catholic hospitals - more then 30% of all hospitals in the U.S.
2) Partial birth abortions will be legal and have no limitations.
3) All U.S. taxpayers will be funding abortions.
4) Informed consent laws protecting women would be eliminated
5) Parental notification of abortions on minors will no longer be required (regardless of age).
Just as important, the government will now have control in the issue of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, Down Syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children women are allowed to have.Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the needless killing of innocent children, we must stand as one.
Please do the following things:
1) Pass this letter to as many people as possible
2) PRAY, asking God to prevent the FOCA from becoming law in the U.S.
3) Write to your congressman or congresswoman and tell them your thoughts at Senate and House.
1 day ago