Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Thursday, June 5, 2008

What would you do?

We've been in our new house for 2 weeks and are really having a hard time finding a place for everything we have. One reason is that there is next to no attic space. Think about all that you have in your attic. We had tubs of girl and boy clothes, tubs of holiday decorations, a toddler bed, and more in the attic at the last house. Now, all of that is filling up our garage. We plan on building a shed but have to wait on the Homeowners' Association's approval. Anyway, I have an old bassinet. It was my bassinet when I was a baby. It was my brother's and then his children's. Lauren, Caleb, and Abby have all slept in it and we aren't sure if we are going to have more or not. My question is do I hold on to it for it's sentimental value? Or do I accept reality that it is just taking up space and let it go?

What would you do?

3 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Hold on to it! You will regret getting rid of it down the road. Even if your grandchildren only use it to hold their baby dolls, it will be one of those things you will want to keep forever. Build walls and walls of shelves in the garage to house everything. That's what we did in our teeny tiny house that had no attic.

Cameshia said...

Keep it. Especially since you are undecided. Soon as you'd give it away you'd need it yourself. I like your friends idea to have it around for the grandchildren's dolls however I understand if it doesn't make it that long.

Look forward to seeing your baby shower cake.

Elizabeth said...

Keeper!!! But I am the classic pack rat... so. maybe not the best person to give advice on this topic!