Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back to blogging!

Leave it to my family to find fun and humor in anything, including the death of my grandmother. As you probably know, my grandmother passed away a week ago today. My Uncle Chris was with her and he called my aunts and other uncle to come as quickly as they could. Hospice was there too and after she passed, they were in the den doing what hospice does, waiting for the funeral home to arrive and pick her up. The family gathered in the living room and my Uncle John apparently passed out and rolled out of his chair onto the floor. He told Uncle Chris that he was just going to rest. After a few failed attempts to get him back up, someone called 9-1-1. So when the paramedics arrived, it went something like this:

Uncle Chris: "Now, there's a dead body in the den, you are not here for her! There's another body in the living room, that's the one you want."

As you can imagine, the paramedics were a little bit confused. The ambulance and fire truck stirred up a little excitement for the neighbors and right after they loaded my Uncle John and pulled away from the house, the funeral home arrived to pick up my grandmother. I'm sure my family thought it would be fun to let the neighbors talk a little but they decided to let everyone know that it was not a double homicide or anything like that.

My uncle John will be fine as long as he monitors his blood sugar.

2 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Okay, this shouldn't be funny, but it is!!! I'm laughing out loud!

thanks for the dry drowning info. My mom told me about that last week and I thought she was crazy. Now I know!

Renee said...

I shouldn't be laughing but I couldn't help it - I can just picture the paramedic's faces when they heard you uncle direct them into the house!

Sorry, I wasn't the one that posted about glass houses/castles.

Keeping y'all in my thoughts and prayers.