Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Something to be happy about

Well, it seems that most of what I've been writing lately has been about things going wrong. I know I must find happiness, peace, and joy in all that is happening in my life. I know that if all these things weren't going on at the same time, it would be smooth sailing. I'm trying to find all the joy in my life and focus on the good things, because there are good things. For example, there is a lady at work who I have never really talked to. I say hi as I pass her in the halls but that's the extent of our conversations. Today she saw me in the library and started asking if I decorate cakes. My first thought was that she was going to ask me to decorate a cake for her. Then she told me how she was helping someone clean out their house and that person's ex had left behind some cake pans. She gave them to me, she wouldn't even accept payment for them. I don't know why cake pans make me so happy, I have over 50 of them already, but they do. I guess the lesson to be learned is that joy can come in many different forms. Doing something small can make a person's day so I need to "pay it forward" and look for small ways to bring joy to others' lives.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Just catching up on your blog. Moving can be SOOO stressful! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

AdventurerMom said...

yeah! the littleish things (like me) are worth being happyable!

Cameshia said...

Wow! That was sweet about the cake pans. When I began reading the story, I thought that's who you might be making a cake for. Then I finished the story. What a happy ending. One day when you guys are settled, I would like to take you up on borrowing one or two of your pans. I'm having a great time decorating cakes. It has been fun. It's a hobby--a true stress release from being a network administrator which keeps me extremely busy day and some evenings and weekends. Take care and joy! Cameshia