Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New way to potty train boys!

Yes, last night it came to me. I have the answer to potty training boys AND having to clean up all those 'misses' on the floor and around the toilet. Forget buying those potty chairs and the seats that attach to your toilet and scrape the coating off of the toilet seat. Forget holding your toddler so he/she doesn't fall in. THIS IS THE NEW RAGE I tell ya. I didn't have to do a thing.

I have a 3 1/2 year old little girl and a little boy who turned 2 in March. Lauren talked about going tee-tee at 18 months, I kid you not. She was a breeze to potty train. Caleb is our...let's say strong-willed child so we have known all along that we would wait until he was at least 2 1/2 to even mention potty training, besides, we are in the middle of so much drama in our house with my mom's funeral last month and us moving tomorrow! When I say strong-willed, this boy still won't use a plate at mealtime...it goes on the floor, and he insists on throwing his cup on the floor at just about every meal. This is a boy who stands on the couch and free-falls off even after MANY time-outs and lots of boo-boos.

Two days ago I was changing Caleb's diaper and thought, what the heck, I'll put him on the toilet and see how he reacts. He loved it. I pointed 'it' down and after a good minute, I told him good boy and got him dressed. He went right back to the toilet and tried to get on.

Last night I had a little time on my hands so when I was getting him ready for bed, I decided to try it again. I put him on the toilet and this time he pointed 'it' down all by himself. WOW I thought to myself, maybe this will be the one thing he learns to do quickly. So after a minute went by, I praised him and set him on his feet to go get dressed. He thought it would be fun to get in the tub....as he often does. Then it happened. I didn't see it coming at all. He pointed 'it' down again and without hesitation, as if on cue, he tee-teed in the tub! At the time, it was hysterical. I was on the floor rolling with laughter. Stephen came in from moving boxes and brought me back to reality. We now had a boy whose butt and feet were covered in tee-tee and I had to add scrubing the bathtub to my list of things to do.

So you see, if you don't mind scrubbing the tub a few times a day, just let your little boys potty train in the tub!

No comments: