Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Monday, March 17, 2008

Please pray for my little Abby

Abby was born December 20 at 5 lbs 14 oz. Just like my other 2 children, she was pre-mature and has had trouble gaining weight. I was ordered to supplement since I did not want to stop breastfeeding. At her weight check in February, she was up to 6 lbs 6 oz so I cut back on the formula a little bit. At her weight check last Tuesday, she was back down to 6 lbs so the doctor told me he wanted me to stop nursing and only give her formula. I don't listen very well so I nursed her as usual and then gave her 4 oz of formula at 6 of her 7 feedings. That's almost 24 oz extra every day for a week.

Stephen took her back in this morning and she was only up to 6 lbs 6 oz so the doctor called in a nurse to give her a catheter. The first nurse was unable to do so so they called in a 2nd nurse and then a 3rd. Stephen said it was just horrible having to stand by and watch helplessly. Finally they attached a bag to her and when there is a urine sample, we have to take it in plus we have to take her for bloodwork. Her follow-up appointment is Friday so please keep her in your prayers. We appreciate it!

7 comments:

Christi S said...

I'm praying!!!

Deirdre said...

Lighting a candle for your Abby. She is in my prayers!

Elizabeth said...

Stephanie,

We are praying for precious, sweet Abby. I will lift up her in my Holy week intentions.

Anonymous said...

God is good ALL THE TIME. Abby is here for a purpose, and our faith put together will carry her through. You can count on Granny and Grandpa being in prayer for God's perfect healing for Abby, and faith that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. We will be in prayer for all of you during this trial. Keep the faith. God is the Healer.

Love, Granny & Grandpa Arnold

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for all the support and love.

Blair said...

Praying for Abby!

Cecelia said...

I'll keep her in my prayers, too.
My little grandson (age 11, and not so little anymore!) was also born on Dec.20th. Also have a good friend who was born on that day.
Enjoyed reading your blog. It's always interesting to read about people in this area. I'm here, too, but in Bryan, and a big Aggie fan. I went to Sam Hoston, back in my day, but took classes at A&M.
We watch KBTX a lot, too, and have for many years.
Good luck with your little ones, and have a Happy Easter!