Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Arnold Art Camp session 1

I finally did it! I finally made my dreams of an art camp a reality. I have been compiling a list of artsy ideas since I became a teacher in 1996. About 5 years ago I started a blog post, Summer Bucket List,  so I could keep all those ideas together-I kept losing my lists and starting them all over. Then 3 years ago I started thinking about how I really needed to make an effort to DO these activities with my kids, especially since my oldest is passionate about art. I came up with a plan to invite friends over for art camp, but with Spencer being a nursing newborn, and the other kids being 2, 4, and 5, I knew it was not going to happen that year. The next year my dad lived with us so there was no way I could manage. Last year I rewrote the plan (must have lost the original). I was still too nervous to make it happen. This year I told a friend she should make her fun summer activities available to friends as a "camp" and then I realized if she could do it, I can do it. I sat down with my LONG list of ideas and my calendar and went to work planning.

Jane and George at the Pre-school center
Starting the canvas art-one of my favorite projects


Painting


Rosary hangers- I am going to make one myself.


Don't they look great? They aren't even finished. We left the tape on til the paint was completely dry.


Lots and lots of sand art.

No comments: