Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Thursday, July 25, 2013

4th of July

Have I ever mentioned how lucky we are to have Aunt Joanie and Uncle Paul in our lives? Wow, there are no words. Aunt Joanie has been there for me for as long as I can remember. I have letters she wrote me when I was little. I remember going to stay with she, Uncle Paul, and Christy in Silsbee when I was 13. I remember getting to drive to Longview to see them when I was a teenager, all by myself. I remember licking the bowl when she made goodies such as rum balls! And I could go on and on. Well, the legacy continues with my children. Aunt Joanie and Uncle Paul are such patient and loving Godparents, and I can't imagine my life without their influence.
 
This year was the 3rd year in a row that we spent the 4th of July with them. It is so wonderfully relaxing. They are the most patient people I have ever spent time with.

Watching the Longview fireworks on the 4th.

Abby on the jet ski.

Abby loved swimming in the lake.

Spending some time at the park about 5 houses up the road.



Look at the old fashioned merry-go-round!

Aunt Joanie braves the trip with me at the "wheel."

We are so lucky that Gladewater has their fireworks on a different night than Longview. We put the kids in their jammies, load up the boat, and drift on the water while the fireworks show takes place. Then we pull the boat up to the house and put the kids to bed, no traffic!

No comments: