Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Friday, May 13, 2011

Family Planner-Tab 1: Month By Month Traditions

How many times does a holiday come and go and you say, "Next year I am going to do ......."? I do it all the time. That's why I originally started my month-by-month calendar. I don't think it will ever be complete, I am always finding great ideas and adding them to my lists. Here is a sample of what January looks like:

First I list birthdays for the month
Next I have a section for reminders such as start planning Spring Break vacation, and start looking for certain Valentine decorations that I want. Also, start planning Valentine crafts and prepping materials.

6 Epiphany:
Use star cookie cutters for cheese and sandwiches
Make clay dough ornaments shaped like stars and crowns
let the kids make crowns
have a crown-shaped cake
read the story 'One Special Star'
Hang 3-D stars (I have a page with directions included)
Make star garland

Super Bowl
chili
wings
meatballs in Crock Pot
cake/cookies shaped like jerseys, footballs, and helmets

Reminder for February:
Make Valentine's countdown chain pre-cut with heart at the top
Buy V-Day candy for each child's class in school and RE
Each child's group such as soccer or dance
Shop for teacher's presents....I list ideas I have for gifts

The next page after JANUARY is something I printed about Epiphany Traditions.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh yay! I LOVE it when people post their family planner formats online. It gives me some many ideas and inspiration to get one started! :D