Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Family Planner Tab 1: February

I start my entries with February birthdays and anniversaries.
Next I have my general reminders such as: buy Valentine gifts for classroom and RE teachers. I list ideas I have for gifts, too. Then I list any festivals I am aware of like the Washington-on-the-Brazos festival, which I've heard is fun.

Next I have a list of fun Valentine's Day foods to make with my kids. Most of the recipes can be found here:
Heart-shaped pancakes
Heart-shaped tortillas, quesadillas, sandwiches, etc...
fondue
dipped strawberries
strawberry shortcake (I have the BEST recipe)
strawberry milk
white chocolate candy truffles drizzled with pink and red
white chocolate candy clusters
dipped & sprinkled pretzels and marshmallows
fudge (cut with heart-shaped cookie cutter)
Big Red or Big Red float
Heart shaped pizza
Heart shaped breadsticks
Valentine's Day Chex Mix
Holiday Rice Krispies

Next I have pages with fun games to play and pictures of Valentine's Day crafts that my kids can choose from. I also have a few Valentine's Day poems the kids can use to make their own cards for family members.

Finally, I have reminders for March.

No comments: