Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Thursday, May 19, 2011

Family Planner Tab 1: March

I really got to do a lot more with my kids this passed March because I had my ideas in my planner. As usual, I start the page with birthdays and anniversaries. Then I list other events such as Texas Independence Day and St. Patrick's Day. Now I must admit I have not done anything for Texas Independence Day YET, but I plan on it next year.

Texas Independence Day:
Breakfast: Texas-shaped pancakes
Lunch: Use cookie cutters to make sandwiches or cheese. It's the simple things that make the kids so happy.
Dinner: Chili and cornbread
Dessert: Pecan pralines...pecan trees are the state trees.

I have a ton of cookie cutters including the boot, cowboy hat, cactus, and star. We can also use these to make salt dough ornaments and the kids can paint them.

St. Patrick's Day
The sneaky Leprechaun always visits and does crazy things such as: turn the toilet water green, turn our water in the fridge green, turns the kids' milk green, leaves green kisses on the kids' foreheads while they sleep, leaves the green markers out and leaves a note behind with a few gold coins. The kids try to make a trap to catch this sneaky leprechaun.

We have green clover-shaped pancakes for breakfast.
For dinner we have Irish Stew.
For dessert we have Irish Cream Poundcake and all the fun treats we made in the days leading up to St. Patrick's Day like Shamrock Milkshakes and Leprechaun's Kisses. We also like to dip pretzels and marshmallows in melted green candy melts and then the kids shake sprinkles on them. So yummy!

We do a few arts and crafts such as make an adorable St. Patrick puppet. I also found a great Celtic Cross with St. Patrick's prayer that I have added for next year. The next page in my planner has pictures of lots of great arts and crafts ideas.

No comments: