Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lent 2013

 
 
I love decorating for the holidays. I have precious memories of my mom decorating and I want to do the same for my kids. I think I might have a holiday decorating obsession. Every time we go into Hobby Lobby, I quickly head to the holiday display that sweetly greets me as I enter. I don't have one Pinterest Board for all holidays, I have a separate board for each and every one and I really enjoy browsing other people's holiday boards and planning for the next year.
 
This year I finally started a Lenten display. I wanted to last year, but I just couldn't get it together. We do not have a mantle so I had to make-do atop some shelves in our living room. It is a very simple scene, inspired by my friends, but simplicity is what we are called to so I believe it is perfect. It served it's purpose of reminding my family of what was to come and to pray more than ever.
 
We also "buried" the Alleluia and it resurfaced Easter morning. I forgot to give my kids the countdown coloring sheet on Catholic Icing, but Easter morning I did start the 50 days to Pentecost countdown. They help me prepare for Divine Mercy Sunday, Ascension, and Pentecost. I only wish I had learned about the beauty of Catholicism a long time ago.
 
 
 
 


No comments: