Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Friday, May 15, 2009

I was late to work this morning

Yesterday our neighbors came to play with my kids. They are 7 and 9 years old and do really well with all 3 of my kids but I'm not ready to leave Abby with such young children so I sat outside and watched them play. They were having such a great time that I let them stay up way past their bedtime. I was also secretly hoping that it would wear Caleb out so much that he'd actually sleep past his normal 6:15 am.

Well, he DID sleep until 6:40. Then he brought his pillow into my bed and sweetly told me it was not for me to lay on. Then Stephen brought Abby into bed with us and she crawled across Caleb to get to me and just stopped right across him. Now, these kids can be really sweet and loving to each other A LOT, but my heart just melted. Caleb loved thiat his baby sister was snuggling with him. He patted her on the back and smiled. When she sat up on his stomach, he put his hands on her cheeks and gave her the most loving kiss. I just wanted to savor the moment so I stayed in bed and didn't get up until the sibling love was ready to move on. I am so ready for another baby!

1 comment:

Heather Phillips said...

I love snuggle time. My boy is not much of a snuggler so when he does, I take advantage!