Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Friday, November 21, 2008

I have a clean house (sorta)

I am so, so happy. I found a new housekeeper. Our last housekeeper left for Mexico on a "family emergency" after cleaning our house last December and she hasn't been heard from since. She was a great lady who loved my kids "helping" her- or at least she pretended.

Up until now, I have been trying to clean house myself on the weekends and I finally threw in the towel. It is impossible. Weekends are family time since it is the only time we are all home together.

I had a little guilt for not being able to do it all myself but then last night I realized....our housekeeper brought 2 helpers. It took 3 of them 3 uninterrupted hours to dust, clean the bathrooms, kitchen, and floors. So that means it would take me 9 hours to get it all done....are you kidding me? With a 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old and 11 month old? That does not even include the time it takes to wash the bedding and all the laundry that mounts each week. Impossible! So there is no more guilt, I am PROUD, I tell ya, to have a housekeeper! So now I have more time to actually "tidy up" because Lord knows I could spend 9 hours just putting things back in their places!

So, I have a CLEAN house! Clean floors. Shiny bathrooms. A clean kitchen. No dust. Yea me!!!

1 comment:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

I'm jealous! Does she make house calls to Florida?