Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holiday Baking

I don't know about you but I am soooo very much excited about cooking for the holidays. We stay home for Thanksgiving so we can watch the Aggies vs. The Longhorns, then the Cowboys. The rest of the weekend is spent decorating for Christmas. Even though there are only 5 of us, I still cook the whole meal.

Up until last year, I have always baked about 10 different desserts to divide and take to my parents', my in-laws', and the huge family celebration at my grandmother's for Christmas. In previous years I have taken orders from co-workers and just baked to my heart's content. Last year we stayed here and I didn't get to do much because my little miracle was born on December 20.

This year will be quite different because I lost my mother in April and my grandmother in June. My aunts and uncles won't be having the big family gathering as we have my entire life. It just won't be the same. We don't know what we will do for Christmas this year. We don't know where we're going, if we're going anywhere at all, but I do know this, I am already planning on trying some new truffles, bark, and fudge recipes. Come back later and I'll tell ya what I tried and how the recipes turned out.

Overwhelmed With Joy is once again hosting Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style. Please stop by her site and see what wonderful recipes everyone else is sharing. If you are new to my site, thanks for stopping by and please visit Aggieland Mommy Cooks where I still have moved most of my recipes. As you can see in the labels on the right-hand side, I still have lots of great dessert recipes on this site. Please feel free to leave a comment, it gives me warm fuzzies to hear from you.

No comments: