Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food, and Fun



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Snack Time- Time Saver




For the first week of school, I found myself arguing with the kids about which snacks they could have. I wasted so much time trying to explain what was healthy and what was not, so I made a list of acceptable snacks. Then I made this picture "menu" so the kids could choose for themselves. The first few days we used it, they tried to ask me if they could have Oreos or candy. I just pointed them over to the pictures and told them if it isn't there, they can't have it. Now they take care of their own snacks and I have more time to get the smaller kids theirs.


This list comes in handy when I am making my grocery list as well.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

This is really cool...I should go by thay myself!!!

amber hanson said...

I love this idea! My kids are going to have a sitter this summer while I work, and I would love to do this for them (or maybe the sitters sanity) and laminate it. Can I ask where you found the pictures of the different snacks at? Thanks!!

Stephanie said...

AMber, I googled each item I wanted and saved the picture to a folder. Then I opened a spreadsheet document and pasted each pic into a different cell. If you send me your email, I'll be happy to send it to you.